A Message From Dr. Bob Broadbooks
Welcome to the web presence of the United States/Canada Region for the Church of the Nazarene. One of six regions, USA/Canada is comprised of over 5,000 interconnected local churches, organized into 80 districts. These congregations and districts are led by deeply dedicated Christians who are committed to Jesus Christ and his transformational message of hope and holiness.
The region exists to support and fulfill the mission of the Church of the Nazarene—to make Christlike disciples in the nations. To this end, leaders of the region have mutually agreed on Five Strategic Priorities.
1. Intentional Leadership Development – Recognize, develop, train and release passionate leaders with a Wesleyan-Arminian focus.
2. Vibrant Church Renewal – Help each local church discover new missional life.
3. Clear and Coherent Theological Identity – Facilitate communication and collaboration between GMC, educational regions, educational institutions, ministers and laity through print, electronic media, civil conversation and clear preaching.
4. Passionate Missional Outreach – Release and encourage our people to embrace with open arms and hearts both the needy and the new people groups among us.
5. Multi-faceted New Church Development – Foster an environment and enthusiasm for starting new churches through districts and local churches.
We invite you to view the resources and information available on our sites and prayerfully discover how we may partner to make an eternal difference in the lives of our families, friends, and strangers among us.
Pleased with the Prospects,
USA/Canada Regional Director